Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I OBTAIN SDS INFORMATION?
- ROTEC® VORTEX-certified micro-abrasive media SDS sheets:
QUINTEK certified GLASS Media M 1035 QUINTEK certified DOLOMITE Media D 5025
HOW MUCH DOES THE ROTEC® VORTEX CLEANING SYSTEM COST?
The costs vary based on the specific configuration of your system, the shipping cost to your location, and travel expenses to your location for our QUINTEK technical representative to perform your training. To determine the right system and its cost for your specific project, contact your QUINTEK sales representative at: (800) 567-0053, (610) 949-1490, or [email protected].
HOW DO I ORDER QUINTEK PRODUCTS?
- ROTEC® VORTEX System order form:DOWNLOAD
- ROTEC® QUINTEK Misting Cleaning System:DOWNLOAD
- ROTEC® VORTEX-certified micro-abrasive media order form:
DOWNLOAD – GLASS DOWNLOAD – DOLOMITE
- ROTEC® VORTEX-certified parts order form: DOWNLOAD
Contact QUINTEK sales representative at (800) 567-0053, (610) 949-1490.
WHAT IS A MOCK-UP?
A Mock-up is the act of performing a test sample on that typical areas of the project to determine the outcome prior to the start of the project. It is an inexpensive insurance policy that enable architects, engineers, consultants, conservators, and owners to agree on the cleaning results prior to the start of a project. It also assists in exposing issues that may affect the cost and the outcomes of the cleaning process. Moreover, a mock-up offers ample opportunity to easily and affordably make proactive adjustments, where necessary, and allows all parties to agree on the expected outcome.
WHAT IS THE FEE?
The mock-up charge includes three components:
- An onsite technical representative to perform the mock-up with QUINTEK-certified micro-abrasive media: $1,550.00
- Transportation and living expenses for the technician to travel to the mock-up location: Varies
- The shipping expense to deliver a ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning System to your project location and the shipping expense to return the equipment to QUINTEK in Conshohocken, PA: Varies
To obtain a pricing quotation to perform a mock-up at your project location, please contact QUINTEK Corporation HERE for additional details.
DO I NEED TO BE TRAINED TO USE QUINTEK PRODUCTS?
Yes. Part of the purchase price of every QUINTEK cleaning system includes the cost to train and certify your operators to use the product. Trainees who complete our one-day Certification Program come out knowing how to operate our products in a safe and effective manner.
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE QUINTEK ROTEC® VORTEX CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?
QUINTEK Corporation offers a one-day Certification Program. During the one-day ROTEC® VORTEX training workshop, participants will be introduced to the system’s state-of-the-art micro-abrasive cleaning techniques. The workshop is a hands-on training session that educates individuals on the technology and techniques needed to meet the complex requirements for safe, effective facade cleaning.
WHAT TOPICS ARE REVIEWED DURING TRAINING SESSIONS?
We cover the following topics:
- Setting up the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning System
- Operating the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning System
- Dismantling the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning System
- Troubleshooting the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning System
- Safely operating the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning System
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY QUINTEK CERTIFICATION ONCE I’VE COMPLETED TRAINING?
After successful completion of our training program, each participant will receive a certificate of competition and photo identification card. The contractors for which trainees currently work will be added to the QUINTEK’s Certified Contractors List. This list is distributed to engineers, consultants, conservators, and architects across North America.
HOW LONG IS THE QUINTEK CERTIFICATION VALID?
QUINTEK certifies the contractor’s employee for a period of five years. To become re-certified, the contractor must register each employee for re-certification and each employee must complete the refresher course.
HOW ARE QUINTEK PRODUCTS ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY? WHAT DOES THIS REALLY MEAN?
Unlike traditional cleaning agents, the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning Process does not use environmentally harmful chemicals like bleaches or other chemical agents that may be heavily regulated. The ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning Process does not require any chemicals whatsoever. A major research and development study and the steady accumulation of practical experience indicates that the ROTEC® VORTEX Cleaning Process can almost be used without restriction. Water consumption is another major environmental concern throughout the world. The QUINTEK Misting Cleaning System (QMCS) tackles that problem by employing electronically controlled to precisely set the cycle times to reduce the use of water and prevent overuse and large-scale run-off.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A PART IS DEFECTIVE?
If any part(s) is defective, it will be replaced within the 30-day Guarantee Period at no charge. The return time period begins on the date the parts(s) are received. The obligation under the Guarantee Period is strictly limited to replacement of the part and does not include the cost of shipping, loss of operating time, or normal maintenance services. Moreover, QUINTEK Corporation shall have no liability for labor, consequential damages, or any special charges. The Guarantee Period is void if modifications or repairs to the parts are performed by anyone other than QUINTEK.
NOTE: Most issues can be resolved with an email or phone call to Tech Support at [email protected] or (610) 940-1940. If Tech Support cannot resolve the issue, a part exchange may be the solution.
HOW CAN I RETURN AN ITEM?
When returning part(s), we ask that you follow the steps outlined below:
- In the event Tech Support cannot correct an issue with your equipment, call QUINTEK at (610) 948-1490 to receive a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Be sure to have your invoice number available, (located on the top right corner of your invoice) NOTE: No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA number.
- Indicate why you are returning the part(s). If you would like to exchange a part, any price difference will either be refunded or charged to your account.
RESTOCKING FEES AND REJECTED RETURNS - WHAT ARE YOUR RESTOCKING FEES AND REJECTED RETURNS POLICY?
- A 25% restocking fee will apply if the part(s) are returned outside of the 30-day Guarantee Period.
- With damaged part(s), we reserve the right to refuse shipment and/or charge a restocking fee.
- Some parts are custom or not in open stock, so you will be charged a restocking fee on them.
- A restocking fee will apply to all parts(s) returned due to the customer’s refusal to pay duties or taxes or returned for reasons other than defects.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING WHEN RETURNING A PRODUCT:
- Part(s) must be returned in resalable condition.
- Your returned package must contain all original packaging. This includes boxes.
- Do not write on the original manufacturer’s label or packaging.
- Include a copy of your invoice and RMA number with the returned package.
- Returns may be rejected if the product has been damaged during shipment.
- To prevent any damage caused by shipping, pack the product(s) securely in an external carton and use a carrier that has a reliable tracking system (e.g. UPS).
- When returning items, please be sure to use the following shipping address:
QUINTEK Corporation 501 Washington Street, Suite 4 Conshohocken PA 19428 USA
You can order a replacement Operation and Maintenance Manual: HERE.